This Week in Net: Security, speed (the importance of latency) and Easter trends
Welcome to our weekly review of stories from our blog and other sources, covering a range of topics from product announcements, tools and features to disruptions on the Internet. João Tomé is joined by our CTO, John Graham-Cumming.
In this week's program, we go over some blog posts we wrote about Internet speed, but also our Cloudflare One Zero Trust platform being named in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Security Service Edge. We talk about some announcements, such as our new Network Analytics dashboard, and how it provides security professionals with insights into their DDoS attack and traffic landscape. There’s also a hardware deep dive, related to memory bandwidth performance and some Easter, Passover and Ramadan trends.
In our “Around NET” short segment, we “travel” to Perth, Australia, to hear from Damian Matacz, from our Network Strategy team.
Related blog posts:
- Internet disruptions overview for Q1 2023
- DDoS threat report for 2023 Q1
- Introducing Cloudflare’s new Network Analytics dashboard
- Cloudflare One named in Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Security Service Edge
- Making home Internet faster has little to do with “speed”
- Measuring network quality to better understand the end-user experience
- DDR4 memory organization and how it affects memory bandwidth
- Consent management made easy and clear with Cloudflare Zaraz
- Oxy: Fish/Bumblebee/Splicer subsystems to improve reliability
- How Easter, Passover and Ramadan show up in Internet trends
- Secure by default: recommendations from the CISA’s newest guide, and how Cloudflare follows these principles to keep you secure