Interview with author of Machine See, Machine Do: How Technology Mirrors Bias in Our Criminal Justice System
Join Amada Echeverría as she interviews Patrick K. Lin, author of Machine See, Machine Do: How Technology Mirrors Bias in Our Criminal Justice System.
Patrick is an author whose research centers on artificial intelligence, technology policy, and algorithmic bias. He has worked for the ACLU’s Speech, Privacy & Technology Project, ForHumanity, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and the Federal Trade Commission. While completing his law degree at Brooklyn Law School, Patrick wrote Machine See, Machine Do: How Technology Mirrors Bias in Our Criminal Justice System. His book has received praise from Ben Wizner (director of the ACLU’s Speech, Privacy & Technology Project and principal legal advisor to Edward Snowden), David Ryan Polgar (founder and director of All Tech Is Human), and Sudha Jamthe (instructor at Stanford University’s Continuing Studies and Author of AIX: Designing Artificial Intelligence).
- Link to book: https://www.amazon.com/Machine-See-Do-Technology-Criminal/dp/1637308213
- Website: https://www.patrickklin.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickklin
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/patrickklin__
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/patrickklin__/